Increase androgen naturally with the Butea Superba + Ibu Lani Leech Oil
Butea Superba or Red Kwao Krua (not to be confused with Butea Monosperma or White Kwao Krua) is an androgenic herb originating in Thailand. It is widely used as an aphrodisiac and to reverse erectile dysfunction. The herb is popular amongst Thailand’s male populace for its presumed effects on aging and sexual drive.
Butea Superba has a rather unusual composition. It contains both phytoandrogens and phytoestrogens (plant male and female hormones, respectively), but it also has anti-estrogenic compounds, which perhaps act to even out the estrogenic properties of the plant.
In other words, Butea Superba helps to restore hormonal balance in men and alleviates testosterone decline.
Grade A ‘dark red’ Butea Superba
100% Butea Superba fine ground powder. Our Butea Superba is made from grade A Butea Superba roots. They are oven dried and finely grounded for easy consumption. There are no additives, no fillers, no chemicals. The consistency of color is important.
Higher grades of Butea Superba is dark brown to brick red in color. Darker color denotes the abundance of active substances of the ‘male’ Butea herb.
What can this herb do for men?
Function of Phytoandrogens
Phytoandrogens are substances produced in plants which have effects similar to testosterone in animals.
In this review, Yang-tonifying traditional Chinese medicinal plants and their potential phytoandrogenic activity, the phytoandrogens used in traditional Chinese medicine are listed, and their proven applications in the treatment of kidney yang deficiency diseases, such as sexual disorders, cancer, and obesity and associated metabolic syndromes are presented.
Function of Anti-estrogen
Antiestrogens, also known as estrogen antagonists or estrogen blockers, prevent estrogens from mediating their biological effects in the body. They act by blocking the estrogen receptor (ER) and/or inhibiting or suppressing estrogen production. Men who are experiencing low testosterone, or “low T,” often have elevated levels of the hormone estrogen. One potential way to remedy this excess is to try an estrogen-blocking herbal supplement like Butea Superba, which can be a natural complement to low-T medications.
Estrogen is vital for men’s health. It supports the functioning of almost every area of the body, including the brain, heart, bones, muscles, and the immune system. However, if a man’s estrogen levels are too high, this can cause a number of health problems, including obesity and depression.
Increases testosterone and manliness
Testosterone levels tend to decrease with age. A 2016 study reports that levels of this hormone decline by 0.4–2.0 percent each year after the age of 30.
‘ Androgen or testosterone is an important masculine hormone. It helps construct the male appearance.’ (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3354878/) It imparts characteristics of manliness to a male. This includes strength, physical endurance, assertiveness and 0ther alpha traits.
Helps with erectile dysfunction
Several rat-based studies published in recent years show that Butea superba may aid in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. These studies include a report published in the journal Andrologia in 2012, in which tests on diabetic rats determined that Butea superba may help improve erectile function by stimulating circulation. (Tocharus C, Sooksaen P, Shimbhu D, Tocharus J. Butea superba (Roxb.) improves penile erection in diabetic rats)
While few studies have tested Butea superba’s effects on human health, one clinical trial published in the Asian Journal of Andrology in 2003 suggests that the herb may help treat erectile dysfunction. In the study, men ages 30 to 70 with erectile dysfunction were treated with Butea superba extract for three months. At the end of the study, 82.4% of subjects reported significant improvement in erectile function.(Cherdshewasart W, Nimsakul N. Clinical trial of Butea superba, an alternative herbal treatment for erectile dysfunction)
Increased sex drive
Butea superba has long been used as an aphrodisiac in traditional medicine in Thailand.
In a case study published in the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism in 2012, a 35-year-old man taking locally prepared Butea superba supplements to try to reverse hair loss reported to his doctor that his sex drive had increased. Lab tests revealed abnormally high levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a male sex hormone derived from the androgen testosterone. Low androgen levels are linked to decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction in men, the study authors note.(Chaiyasit K, Wiwnaitkit V. Hyperandrogenemia due to ingestion of Butea superba. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012)
Improves sperm count
The results show that long-term treatment with B. superba extract significantly increased the sperm concentration and delayed the decreased motility with time. None of signs of sperm anomalies and testicular damages were observed. This suggests that chronic use of B. superba increases the number of sperm, prolongs sperm motility in vitro while produces no changes on sperm morphology. Therefore, chronic use of B. superba alcoholic extract may be useful in fertilization.
100% Butea Superba fine ground powder. One Butea Superba is made from grade A dark red Butea Superba roots. They are oven dried and finely grounded for easy consumption. There are no additives, no fillers, no chemicals. The consistency of color is important.
1 gram twice a day or half a teaspoon twice a day. For men only.
Here’s what 1 gram looks like on a teaspoon
1. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1875536414600406 Yang-tonifying traditional Chinese medicinal plants and their potential phytoandrogenic activity
2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4707424/Testosterone deficiency in the aging male
3. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0306453017304195 Testosterone deficiency in the aging male
5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21071866 Estrogenic and anti-estrogenic activities of the Thai traditional herb, Butea superba Roxb
6. Dean, M., Murphy, B. T., & Burdette, J. E. (2016). Phytosteroids beyond estrogens: Regulators of reproductive and endocrine function in natural products. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology.
7. Buhner, S. H. (2016). Natural Remedies for Low Testosterone: How to Enhance Male Sexual Health and Energy. Inner Traditions/Bear & Co.
8. Tocharus C, Sooksaen P, Shimbhu D, Tocharus J. Butea superba (Roxb.) improves penile erection in diabetic rats. Andrologia. 2012;44 Suppl 1:728-33. doi:10.1111/j.1439-0272.2011.01257.x
9. Cherdshewasart W, Nimsakul N. Clinical trial of Butea superba, an alternative herbal treatment for erectile dysfunction. Asian J Androl. 2003 Sep; 5: 243-246.
10. https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1055/s-2007-987278 Effect of Butea superba on penile erection and sperm production in rats
11. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3354878/ Hyperandrogenemia due to ingestion of Butea superba